Contemporary High-Performance Home in Whistler
In December 2019, celebrity builder Matt Risinger of The Build Show and The Build Show Network was in British Columbia for the High-Performance Building Road Show. The week-long road show, sponsored by SIGA, Quad-Lock Building Systems and Innotech Windows + Doors, took Matt to various speaking engagements, manufacturing plant tours, and many high-performance project visits in and around Vancouver.
While he was in Whistler, Matt made an unsuspecting to visit to an under construction house by Suter Homes. How would you react if Matt Risinger walked onto your site with a camera crew? Well, the team at Suter was both surprised and happy to show Matt some of the unique high-performance details of their build.
Fast forward a year later and this high-performance home is now a stunning contemporary home with luxury finishes and breathtaking mountain views. The home is two levels with a total of 4,200 square feet, including a 2-bedroom suite. Additional details:
- Wall assembly: 3/4″ rain screen, 1.5″ Rockwool exterior insulation, triple glazed Innotech windows and doors, and R22 Rockwool interior insulation
- EnerSpan® tapered insulation boards on the roof for average R-value of 45.2
- Hydronic heated floors with a gas boiler
- Final blower door test result: 1.98 ACH50
- EnerGuide rating of 122 GJ/year
Here are a few of our favourite photos of the completed home:
For additional photos, visit the Suter Homes website.