Innotech Windows + Doors is a leading window and door manufacturer located in Langley (Gloucester Industrial Estates). Since our inception in 2001, we have grown to be an integral player in the high-end North American window and door industry.
At Innotech, we value teamwork, open communication and continuous improvement – our focus is serving our clients by exceeding their expectations. We envision being an employer of choice known for our commitment to valuing our most important partners – the people working with us at Innotech. We have a thriving, respectful workplace culture that is reflective of the participatory management style of our leadership team.
Reporting directly to the production manager, the maintenance technician is responsible to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain plant equipment. This role also oversees facility maintenance.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Check equipment regularly to ensure machines are in good working order
- Perform preventative maintenance to minimize production downtime
- Assist, support and implement new machining processes in conjunction with engineering, IT and production
- Maintain service log and spare parts inventory
- Troubleshoot equipment issues; reference blueprints, schematics and other sources as necessary to resolve
- Investigate breakdowns and recommend corrective actions
- Develop instructions and documentation including reference materials as required to support the manufacturing processes
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date records and documentation on equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Oversee facility maintenance; conduct general repairs and improvements as needed or alternately arrange for contractors to attend
- Communicate technical information and concerns in a way that is understood by colleagues and external contacts
- High school diploma and related certification from a vocational institute (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic welding skills would be an asset
- Solid understanding of safety protocols and procedures
- Mechanically inclined; experienced with CNC and PLCs
- Good working knowledge of pneumatic and electro-mechanic controls, principles and fundamentals
- Self motivated with strong work ethic and ability to follow up
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to read diagrams and schematic drawings, check blueprints and repair manuals
- Physical agility, manual dexterity, and attention to detail
- Good computer skills in Microsoft including Excel and Word
- Valid BC Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Why join our team?
Innotech is an innovative, energetic and family-oriented company that promotes a flexible and fun work environment. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, including extended health, dental and RSPs. Enjoy your birthday off with pay, monthly catered lunches and a variety of team activities and events!
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations by email to carees @ innotech-windows.com (without spaces). Thank you for your interest, however please note only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.