Computer and Information Systems Manager
Innotech Windows + Doors is a leading window and door manufacturer located in Langley (Gloucester Industrial Estates). Since our inception in 2001, we have grown to be an integral player in the high-end North American window and door industry.
At Innotech, we value teamwork, open communication and continuous improvement – our focus is serving our clients by exceeding their expectations. We envision being an employer of choice known for our commitment to valuing our most important partners – the people working with us at Innotech. We have a thriving, respectful workplace culture that is reflective of the participatory management style of our leadership team.
Reporting to the Controller, the Computer and Information Systems Manager is responsible for recommending information technology strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements. This role administers and maintains the company’s network, databases, software programs, email, website, phone system and security cameras.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze our current systems and assets; research, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades
- Maintain IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software and hardware
- Create and manage user accounts and rights; identify and implement user needs
- Analyze, isolate and troubleshoot issues, including software performance, email, workstations, network configuration, database connectivity and security cameras
- Secure the network and systems from viruses, outside attacks and other threats; ensure adequate spam and malware safeguards are in place for incoming email
- Run regular checks to maintain network integrity and security; conduct regular system audits
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configurations
- Manage VPN gateways and administer domain services
- Maintain adequate backup routines for files and databases; create and implement disaster recovery plan to keep company functional
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Develop and implement IT policies and best practice guidelines; create SOPs
- Oversee and determine timeframes for major IT projects including system updates and upgrades
- Collaborate with departmental representatives on cross-functional projects
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary and analyze vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs
Knowledge & Skills
- Diploma/degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management, combined with 5 years related experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows Client and Server Operating Systems and Microsoft Server Technologies (AD, Exchange, Terminal Services, SQL)
- Proficient in ERP systems with working knowledge of departmental and business processes; experience in implementing ERP systems an asset
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Competent in queries and report writing
- Current with trends and new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple projects and react quickly to changing priorities
- Strong sense of accountability and exceptional follow-up skills
Why join our team?
Innotech is an innovative, energetic and family-oriented company that promotes a flexible and fun work environment. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package, including extended health, dental and RSPs. Enjoy your birthday off with pay, monthly catered lunches and a variety of team activities and events!
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations by email to careers @ innotech-windows.com (no spaces). Thank you for your interest, however please note only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.